4.01.2009

The Coffee Grind

Hi. It's Joe.

Happy April Fool's Day.

It's actually my last day of work for THE MAN. But that doesn't mean a whole lot. Sure, SELF EMPLOYMENT has some perks, like setting my own schedule. But it's actually a heck of a lot harder work running my own BUSINESS than just picking up a weekly paycheck. And while I love hard work (hence my need for COFFEE!), for the next few months I will still be working for THE MAN as well as many other MEN and WOMEN.

So maybe I am a fool. But I am really looking forward to this entrepreneurial venture.

Anyway, I was thinking (which I do better with COFFEE...) about how Search Engine Optimization, otherwise known as SEO, is a lot like learning vocabulary in elementary school.

More precisely, using keywords to attract traffic to your site LEGITIMATELY (i.e., sans SPAM), is kind of like when you had to not only SPELL a vocabulary word, but also use it in a sentence. And it's complicated by the fact that Google keywords are often phrases rather than single words.

For example, using the Google keyword tool, I discovered that the phrase "coffee grind" is a decent optimizing keyword, at least by the standards of Ed Dale and Co.

So I'm going to mention "coffee grind" a couple more times in this post. Maybe even mention how I like to grind coffee from scratch (when I have fresh coffee beans). I also like to drink coffee before, during, and after the daily grind.

Lately, I've been favoring MILLSTONE COFFEE.

If you are generously buying me a cuppa today, please E-MAIL ME any brand recommendations for me.

PEACE!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment