3.31.2010

10 Minutes - Recording Engineering in 10 Minute Increments

Hi. It's Joe.

This blog is all about writing for 10 minutes a day on whatever topic comes into my head.

But I have begun to realize that 10 minutes is a good amount of time to do lots of things, especially when you are really busy.

I am trying to read a book on music recording and mixing, but it seems I can seldom find the time.

While I was eating breakfast yesterday, I noticed that I am always trying to read something while I eat, be it the back of the cereal box, or the most recent coupon specials from the local Piggly Wiggly.

It usually takes me 10 to 15 minutes to eat my meals when I am not in a rush and I can enjoy them. So the lightbulb went off and I thought, "If I just keep the important reading materials on the dining room table, I will be able to read while I eat, killing two birds with a single stone..."

I can usually read at least a couple of pages of material in 10 minutes, so even though it is slow going, I will make more progress on the book that way than I would trying to make ADDITIONAL time to read. So that's the current plan anyway.

I am going to practice long and hard for the big GUPPY EFFECT show tonight at Brink Lounge in Madison WI. We are hosting their April Fools Day Eve Party from 8 PM to midnight. Should be lots of fun.

My neighbor is burning yard waste. It is such a nice day today that I opened all the windows in my house to freshen it up with Spring air. I didn't realize it would be smoke-filled air. Although, it's not that bad and definitely bodes well the summer night campfires that lie ahead this summer.

Both GUPPY EFFECT and PEOPLE BROTHERS BAND are slated to perform at PEOPLE FEST this summer. I want to say it is August 20-22 weekend. Visit www.peoplefest.info for more info. You can even subscribe via e-mail or RSS feed there.

Well, I have about 30 seconds, so I will cut it off now. I have eggs and a book on music recording to get through.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment