3.29.2010

10 Minutes - Rock-n-Roll Parties

Hi. It's Joe.

I was thinking about live music performances and how to get people to come to them.

I think a lot of musicians are too self-focused. They want people to come hear their band because "they rock."

But people want to know what's in it for them. So what if your band rocks?

It is better to think of a music performance as a fun, rocking party, with a live band hired out for the occasion, and to market it that way. Tell people they will have the funnest time of their lives.

When a live band gets hired for a party, you know it's a kickass party. So make the live band part of it secondary to the focus - a good party where everyone has a blast and feels great for a week afterward.

I have been in a kung fu battle with a cold. I am winning, for now. I am kicking it in the balls with heavy doses of cold meds, vitamin C, cayenne pepper, benadryl, Theraflu, acetominophen, fish oil, and Boswellia complex.

I feel well enough to go work out today, and I think it is nice out. I will probably take Buddy over to the dog park and run the loop 3 times (=3 miles).

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment