4.03.2010

10 Minutes - Internet Marketing in the Family

Hi. It's Joe.

So, I found out through my dad that my cousin Jon (pronounced "Yon" because he is Norwegian) has written a book on search engine optimization (SEO).

And not just ANY book, but the "ultimate" guide to SEO.

I knew that my other cousin Nils (Jon's brother) was an expert at Google Adwords, but I did not know it ran in the family. That must be why I enjoy it too. Genetics. I feel kind of like Internet Marketing Mafioso now.

The funny thing is when I added him on TWITTER, I got this automated reply back: jonrognerud: Hey! I'm sending an automatic message here - but, I'm real. Can we talk? Try: http://twt.tl/PEaPiob - love to learn more about you.

It's funny because I already knew he was real, and he already knows a lot about me, but I guess it's cool if he learns MORE about me. Except, the link he put in there just goes to a sales page for his book and doesn't really have any way for him to learn more about me, except my name, e-mail, and credit card info.

I downloaded Jon's free e-book though. It's got some good information. Not much that I didn't already know, but it's good to get reinforcement sometimes.

I've been exercising a lot. I did a 20 mile bike ride yesterday, portions of which were into a stiff headwind. It felt good, although my legs were like jelly afterwards. I had a show last night and I had difficulty jumping around as crazily as I usually do.

I have another show tonight, with PEOPLE BROTHERS at Wiggie's in Madison WI. I am hoping to have dinner with a new friend beforehand, but I have to see what time the gig is at, to know if I have time. I also want to squeeze in a short run too.

The power was out today, so I did not do much work. Instead, I read books. That was fun, but made me sleepy, so I fell back asleep and was completely useless for most of the rest of the day.

Oh well, it's a Saturday, and when you are self-employed you can organize your time in whatever way works best for you.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment