4.02.2010

10 Minutes - Life is GOOD!

Hi. It's Joe.

I'm about to go on a 25 mile bike ride as soon as I finish this post, braving a strong wind and the chance of lightning to do so.

You see, accomplishing important things is all about will and motivation - mind over matter.

If you want to be self-employed, as I am, all you really need to do is face your fear and make it happen. This is true of anything in life.

Most people don't pursue their dreams, large or small, out of apathy or fear. If you can eliminate those obstacles, there is nothing you can't do, or die trying. We live in a culture of fear.

But there is also something to be said for the POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING. I was always a skeptic about new agey things like THE SECRET.

But not anymore. I have seen it happen, both to myself and other people (usually the negative aspect of it in others...where bad things manifest due to negativity). I don't believe it is some kind of religious or spiritual thing. I think it is just mind over matter.

For the past year I have been self-employed. It wasn't magic.

I researched for a year before I "fired my boss" and became my own "jefe." Being my own boss is nothing more than focus and discipline. I love what I do. So I don't mind doing it 80 hours per week.

I could slack off, party, watch TV, play video games, socialize. That is what most people do AFTER WORK. That's "employee" mentality. But "entrepreneur" mentality is all about profiting from actions that you are passionate about. In my case, it is writing and music.

Apil 1, 2010, marked the one year anniversary of my self-employment and freedom from THE MAN. That was my goal. But thankfully, I was successful enough that I can keep it going. Music is really taking off, and now I have writing opportunities knocking at my door.

I just scored a freelance writing job that pretty much fell in my lap (POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING?).

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment