6.16.2010

10 Minutes - My Diurnal Rhythm

Hi. It's Joe.

It is 10 minutes to 2 AM, so this is really going to be 10 minutes of writing, firm.

I want to go to sleep. I don't know if I will be able to, because I did a rare thing and drank two (2) Mello Yellos tonight when I met Todd and Sherry for pizza in Lake Mills. I am still pretty wired up from that.

It is apparent that my diurnal rhythm has me up from about 10 AM to 2 AM daily. It has always been that way. That's just what I am attuned to. It's probably partly because I play rock-n-roll music. I accept it. It's probably the main reason I had to "fire" my boss a year or so ago. He was unable to accept my natural diurnal rhythm and so he had to be dismissed. I think people should be accepted for who they are and not forced to do things against their nature. It's like when they used to whip left-handed children to try to make them right-handed, because left-handedness was considered a sin. Poor Jimi Hendrix.

Anyway, I've been reading a fun book my roommate Matt lent me called "World War Z." It is amusing. I read a few pages at bedtime and it's a fast easy read. Basically, it's written like a historical biography of World War II, except that it is after the global zombie war.

The survivors tell their stories of narrowly escaping zombie attack and give their perspectives on the war. So it's both thrilling and educational (to the extent that learning about the nature and physiology of mythical undead creatures is educational.

In that regard, the book does set the standard for zombie facts. For example, the only way to kill a zombie is to destroy its brain. Also, a bite from a zombie first kills, then re-animates. Zombie flesh is lethal to dogs, and presumably humans. You don't have to be bitten by a zombie to convert - any contact with zombie brains or flesh can transmit the virus through mucous membranes or open wounds in the living. And so on and so forth.

Anyway. That's about all I had. If you want more, read my longer post "Disaster Capitalism and Karmic Return." It's pretty damn good if you ask me.

But I love writing, so I'll let you be the judge.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment