10.02.2010

10 Minutes - Award Winning Blog Post

Hi. It's Joe.

Wouldn't it be cool if someone was searching Google for an "award-winning blog post" and came across my blog?

Of course, they would click through to check it out, realize it was far from award-winning (albeit very cool), and leave - this is called "junk traffic" in the world of Search Engine Optimization. But they would still come here and thus a piece of me would meld with their psyche, however small, and be carried through the universal consciousness.

I'm not kidding. That really would happen. How many times have you stumbled on a web site you were not looking for, but you remembered it? I don't know the answer to that. But I have, so I can only assume others have too.

I'm tired. Well, actually, I was tired, before the short power nap I took earlier. I am working for THE MAN now, for a short while (until the end of the year), so I can generate some Holiday spending cash at HIS expense. As a result, I am working 40 hours per week, which is tiring in and of itself. The work is tolerable, even enjoyable, although the cube dwelling work environment makes me nervous. The crazy things people will talk about in their cubicles, as if no one else is listening...

Anyway, I also had a PEOPLE BROTHERS BAND show last night, which went pretty late, and then I had to get up at 7:30 AM this morning to go work a five hour shift at the CSA farm. While all of these activities are quite fun to do, they are tiring. So after I got back from the CSA farm this afternoon, I ate some food and promptly took a power nap on the couch.

It refreshed me enough to get a second wind, so I started preparing for the HOUSE CONCERT I am hosting tomorrow as part of Todd's going away party. I will miss Todd when he moves to Osh Kosh, and also Sherry when she follows suit. Things change.

I believe I am going to sell my house and move to Madison. It makes no sense for me to be here in Cambridge anymore. My current job is in Madison WI and I expect my next one will be also. So as much as I hate moving, it looks like the time has come.

I am in no rush, however, so I am going to try to sell the house on my terms, even though it is a buyer's market. You know, if the woman likes the house, they'll buy it, no matter what the cost. That is just the nature of human needs. And my house is freakin' awesome.

Granted, I won't be able to do these cool HOUSE CONCERTS anymore if I move. But I only do three (3) or four (4) a year, so it is really not worth the high mortgage that I pay. I need to simplify and downsize. Everything I want to do is pretty much in Madison, and with my car on the fritz, driving a long way there is not very fun.

Well, I said enough. I realize I am not able to keep up with daily 10 minute posts now that I am working for THE MAN. But since this blog is only public on the weekends now, the timing probably works out better anyway.

If you're a regular subscriber (and I thank you!), then you are reading this late Sunday afternoon. And a good thing too, because the blog goes radio silent late Sunday night and won't come online again until Rocktober 9th weekend (when GUPPY EFFECT will rock socks off the END ZONE bar in Delavan WI.

OK, time is up.

P.S. Shameless SEO back link to Tenacious D Streaming, although there is a decent video there of the D doing battle with the Devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment