1.19.2011

10 Minutes - How to Become a Songwriter

Hi. It's Joe.

How to become a songwriter is not rocket science.

There is only one simple step involved. Write songs.

I know that seems like an oversimplification, but as with anything 90% of TALENT is PRACTICE.

But that addresses a slightly different question: How to Become a GOOD Songwriter.

Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts. First, you have to become a songwriter by writing songs.

Do this enough, and then you will start to become a GOOD songwriter.

Understand that you must write many songs that "suck" before you will write a song that "does not suck." Thus, the only way to write a good song, is to write many songs.

Songwriting is not a good trade for people seeking to make living or who don't take brutal criticism well. I have a thick skin. I don't take anything personally when it comes to songwriting. I take feedback and I use it to make my next song better.

I have a lot of songs that suck. I have a few that don't.

I wouldn't have the non-sucky songs if it were not for the sucky songs. So that's my thesis.

If you want to write songs, then just write them.

Time.

BACK LINKS

1. Make Your Own Business Cards.

2. Gentle Leader Head Collar for Dogs.

3. How to Write a Song Step by Step.

No comments:

Post a Comment