3.25.2011

5 Minutes - Job and Music and Stuff

Hi. It’s Joe.

I know. I know.

I haven’t been keeping up on these posts at all.

Things are going really well right now. I love my new job, even though it takes a lot of my time (hence the inability to maintain a consistent blog posting schedule).

My girlfriend Caitlin is also a joy to spend time with. We get along great. We both like a lot of the same things, primarily eating vegetables and exercising.

I have not been doing as much song writing since FAWM. GUPPY EFFECT is doing well, notwithstanding a lack of momentum. We seem to learn new songs periodically.

In fact, I am going to practice some songs tomorrow (Saturday) in anticipation of Sunday’s GUPPY EFFECT rehearsal. Drummer Peter will be back from Florida.

I have my vocal lesson Sunday at 12:30 too, so tonight and tomorrow I am going to rehearse for that, as well as my piano lesson Monday.

I like my new job on the face of it. But I also like having money to improve my rock-n-roll skills, so that I can rage at subsequent music performances, both solo and band.

I hope some people make the effort to come see me play. I don’t care if they do, because I do music for fun not livelihood. But the music is really fun(ny) and there is a lot of value in coming to party with me at my shows.

My new Rode NT1A studio condenser microphone is shipping as we speak (see above). I used one of these recording at my buddy Bryon's studio in Iowa a few weeks ago (during February Album Writing Month, actually) and I love the great sound it gets for vocals.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment