8.29.2011

10 Minutes - Singing Lessons

Hi. It's Joe.

I got to the Madison Music Foundry a little early for my singing lesson, so I am taking this opportunity to post a post.

I am restarting vocal lessons with Caitlin Cisler, now that she is back from her summer singing workshop in Colorado. I was taking this class via the UW over the summer. I think it improved my pitch a lot more than my actual singing skill and power. It may have helped my range too, because I noticed it is a lot easier to sing the high part on "Green Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf now than it used to be.

Maybe I will work on "Green Eyed Lady" with Caitlin since it is a pretty easy one, lyrically. However, I usually play it on bass and I only have my guitar with me tonight.

I always forget to bring my water bottle to my lessons. I should, because it is really dry in here and that hurts my singing voice.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment