9.18.2011

10 Minutes - Creative Outlets

Hi. It's Joe.

Per usual, my awesome rock-n-roll band GUPPY EFFECT will be going on winter hiatus in the late fall. Most year's this is around Halloween time. We usually put on a huge Halloween party rock show, like the Hay Market show last year, and then spend the winter months writing songs and practicing to rock even harder the following spring.

This year it will be a little different. Instead of a Halloween show, we are going to do a Thanksgiving show/party (at Carp's Landing in Lake Mills WI on Saturday November 26).

This is to thank all our friends and fans for many years of rock-n-roll fun with us, and hopefully celebrate more to come.

The winter hiatus includes FAWM in February, a song-writing marathon that usually produces a handful of new original tunes we can put into rotation the following year.

On a personal level, though, I have been directing a lot more of my creative juices at writing actual writing. You think these blog posts are just random, but actually they are like practice for writing. It's like how an athlete trains for an event. What is my event? I'm not sure yet, but I want to be ready when it comes.

I still want to write my novel about an alien band that uses it's popular music to brainwash humanity, turning them into a legion of rampaging zombies to conquer earth.

I love SPOTIFY, by the way.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment