1.12.2014

My Time is Short

I don't have a lot of time for this post. In a short while, I am going to be leaving Minocqua WI, where my country band, DRIVEWAY THRIFTDWELLERS, played two back to back shows yesterday. I am likely to be the one driving the car, because I am the only one who is not hungover. So I won't be able to write in my travel journal or post on my blog for the 3.5 hour trip. On the bright side, we are leaving Minocqua so goddam early on Sunday morning that we might even be back to my house by noon. I can totally chill out this afternoon and maybe even squeeze in a power nap, although the wise money is on burling through the day and getting an early night, so I can get some sound sleep before I have to be up butt early for carpool to work on Monday.

Although I did not drink irresponsibly yesterday during the shows, I did not sleep very well. I was sharing a room with some people and I could not get comfortable. I kept waking up with country songs in my head and my brain would not shut up. It is as if my mind did not want to stop rocking. OK, well it is time to load gear and boogie on out of here. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment