4.28.2014

Springtime

This spring is being downright dreary. I want to start bike commuting to work soon, but the cold wet weather makes it nigh impossible for a fair weather biker like myself. To be fair, I did go for a 90 minute ride on Saturday, facing a stiff northerly headwind on my way up to nearby Lake Mills WI. It was sunny on Saturday, but only in the low 50s Fahrenheit. Brutal headwind. But I just cranked into it as best I could, and on the ride home I had a tailwind that was awesome and worth the initial hardship.

The weather has subsequently deteriorated and we are in for a week of cool, wet weather. There may be a brief window of opportunity to commute this week. However, I want to say the first full week of May is officially Bike to Work Week. I have to go google that to be sure, but I definitely want nice weather for that.

I am working on the west side of Madison again and it behooves me to save some miles on my car by parking on the east side of Madison and biking through town to work. My new employer has excellent shower and locker room facilities.

Tomorrow night is GUPPY EFFECT band practice and we are going to try to classic rockify some of our original songs to sound a bit like the Rolling Stones. There is a music licensing listing via Broadjam that is seeking original music with a Rolling Stones-esque classic rock sound. So hopefully we can track a recording or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment