3.29.2015

The Weekend

Sunday came awfully fast this weekend.

On Saturday night, I went to the Madison Area Music Awards finalists party where my punk rock band EDDIE ATE DYNAMITE made the finals for category of Best Punk Rock Performer. Yea! I was surprised our song, "I Like Your Hat," did not make the finals for Best Song category, but whatcha gonna do?

Today (Sunday) from noon to 4 I hosted a cult film chill n grill at my house. It was a chilly day and we grilled, then we watched "A Mighty Wind."

After that, I had band practice with Rita Witter Band and then we migrated to Funk's Pub in Fitchburg for the open jam. That's where I am now.

Friday night I mainly chilled but I helped my friend Wendy move a couch out of her condo and had a couple of beers with my buddy Stefan "down the pub." The pub was the Flying Hound near Wendy's condo. Not a bad place but the scenery was not that great. It resides in a mini mall and looks out over the parking lot of a Target store. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment