6.11.2015

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and Ubering

I got my first Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) box today, with eggs. The CSA farm I have a half share in offers free range eggs in addition to tons of quality fresh produce.

At a glance, my initial CSA box for the 2015 season has lots of lettuce and mixed greens, kohlrabi, kale, bok choy, and radishes. There may be more buried under the things I could make out with my naked eye when I opened the box to put my dozen eggs inside.

I don’t eat a huge amount of greens, although I should, and since I am road tripping to Sturgeon Bay WI this weekend to perform with EDDIE ATE DYNAMITE at the Steel Bridge Music Festival, I will probably hand off all or most of the greens to Deborah before I leave. This will also serve as payment for her dog sitting Foster while I am gone most of the weekend.

I am geeked for the road trip to rock witg EAD, my classy punk rock band.

I have not been Ubering much lately, as a result of doing a lot more band stuff on weekends. I am hoping to get back into it next week a few nights. The peak times to drive for Uber are between 7 PM and bar time, especially on Fridays and Saturdays. On week nights I don’t like to stay out past midnight, and usually around 10 PM, the quality of Uber riders drops a little bit. But generally, Ubering is a blast. I also need to keep an eye on special events coming to Madison WI, because a lot of people use Uber to get around when they visit a strange city. And Madison is a strange city, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment