6.19.2015

What I Would Like to Do for Brunch on Saturday

I am currently in the thick of a marathon of rock-n-roll that has me playing five shows in four days, starting last night (Thursday), when cover band BABY ROCKET performed at the Nautigal Pub in Northport WI (a Madison suburb). BABY ROCKET will play a full 3 hour show again tonight at the Baja Cantina in Wisconsin Dells. I will have to jet up to that gig almost as soon as I get out of work today.

Saturday night, punk band EDDIE ATE DYNAMITE road trips up to Ziggy’s Bar in Fond du Lac WI for a short set between four or five other heavy bands, and on Sunday, GUPPY EFFECT plays two shows as part of the MAKE MUSIC MADISON festival (2:30 PM at the Cosmic Delights Stage on Atwood Ave and 5 PM at Guitar Center on Whitney Way). After MMM, I will most likely attend the open jam at Funks Pub, as I do most Sunday nights.

The only respite from rock-n-roll battle I have this weekend is late morning and early afternoon on Saturday. What I want to do during that time window is grill brunch and chill out on my patio, perhaps with a few peeps if anyone is interested in throwing some stuff on the grill and throwing back a couple of beers.

Later in the afternoon, I need to practice some EDDIE ATE DYNAMITE songs on bass, because I will be slinging the low end at this particular show for the first time. Our bass player, Spots (aka Matt), has some other pressing matters to attend to this weekend. Earlier in the morning, I should probably mow my front lawn, since rain is forecast for the evening hours.

So that’s the plan for Saturday brunch. Join me if you like. Perhaps around 11 AM until 1 PM or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment