7.02.2015

And So We Come to the End

There is a dearth of activity at my workplace today. This is not surprising, given that tomorrow (Friday) is a business holiday. Things tend to slow down at my workplace as peoples' minds are gradually drawn away from the mundane workday and towards an envisioned ideal long weekend.

The holiday in question is Independence Day (July 4). Because it falls on a Saturday this year, half way non-sociopathic businesses are giving a day off on either the Friday before or the Monday after the actual holiday.

I little Independence Day trivia for you...did you know Independence was actually voted on and approved on July 2? The Declaration of Independence was not signed until July 4, and then only by John Hancock, because the other members of the Constitutional Congress had already gone home. Hancock had to gather their "John Hancocks" over a period of months.

Because it is so dead at work, I am going to kick off my long weekend here pretty soon. I am taking my CSA box over to Deborah's house where we will use its contents to make a delicious veggie stir fry. After that, I will probably drive Uber for a while to generate a bit of cash, given I will be short on hours at my day job this week.

Early tomorrow morning, I meet Sherry at my house and we will carpool down to New Glarus WI to participate in a challenging social bike ride event. We basically repeat this Saturday and maybe Sunday morning as well. I am looking forward to some much needed exercise. Calories must get burned.

I hope to get out on Deborah's parents' boat this weekend too.

That's probably enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment