7.30.2015

Things to Do Before I Go to Ireland

There are some minor nuancy things I need to do before I leave for my Ireland trip in a couple weeks. One of those is to call my credit and debit card companies to let them know I will be traveling overseas so they do not suspend my cards when I start using them over there, thinking they have been pilfered by some rogue Irish identity thief.

I just got off the phone with a nice customer service lady at my bank and she got all my cards squared away for international use, after verifying my identity on several security metrics.

I write this post as a reminder to help my readers avoid headaches when traveling. Nothing is worse than having your cards suspended when you are overseas, especially if you, like me, are a lazy cheapskate who doesn't have a smart phone equipped with international calling capabilities (to resolve the issue at an odd hour with your U.S. based bank).

No comments:

Post a Comment