8.27.2015

Facing the Face

I am facing my Facebook addiction head on (pun sort of intended).

I login in the morning to see if there is anything useful there (there isn't) and then log off and ignore it for the rest of the day.

Eventually, I will ignore it completely. I really only need Facebook to find out about events my "friends" are attending, and to post events of my own, like when one of my bands performs for example, or Bernie Sanders is coming to town. Sometimes I will post a genius blog post (unlike this one) that I think my "friends" might want to read.

I don't even need Facebook proper to use Facebook Messenger to communicate with "friends."

The fact that I had to write a blog post about Facebook addiction though is indicative of how pervasive Facebook had become in my otherwise idiocy- and angst-free life.

No comments:

Post a Comment