8.13.2015

RAGBRAIreland

My RAGBRAI team (TEAM CRAZY BIRD) forewent RAGBRAI this year in favor of a bicycling tour of Ireland.

I leave for this week long bike trip on Saturday and I am currently calling this fantastic trip RAGBRAIreland.

TEAM CRAZY BIRD does not usually do RAGBRAI in odd numbered years, which 2015 is. What I hope ends up happening is that we continue to do RAGBRAI in even numbered years and then do specialty trips like RAGBRAIreland in odd numbered years. As a travel writer who loves biking, this seems like a best case scenario, albeit a costly one (I budgeted heavily for RAGBRAIreland, with a current outlay of almost $3500, which includes some pre-paid things like air fare, lodging, bike rentals, and some other things, as well as Euros budgeted for food and drink…lots of drink by the looks of it!).

Anyway, I will be travel blogging the trip via this blog. Bookmark it and check it periodically if you want to experience it vicariously through me. SUBSCRIBE via e-mail in the upper right if you want e-mail notifications when I post (free and you can unsubscribe any time). Or if we are friends on the Face or Twitter, you will probably see my posts appear on the social nets.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment