12.14.2015

Ahead of Schedule

I am ahead of schedule this morning and with 20 minutes to spare, I am not sure what to do with myself. That's not really enough time to do anything useful. But it is enough time to crank out a daily blog post. The weekend was nice. On Saturday, Deborah and I did some much needed grocery shopping, then she went and bought a new car (technically, she leased it). Her previous car, the fancy Audi, blew a gasket and the damage was irreparable and not covered under warranty (those car manufacturers always find a way to weasel out of paying for expensive but warrantied repairs). Deborah wasn't about to shell out money to those charlatans to put a new engine in her car, so she went to the competition and got a new one.

On Saturday night, I went down to the Frequency and live streamed the Ghosts of Maxmas Past holiday show there. The sound guy, Dustin, gave me a direct mix from the sound board and it sounded really good, although the vocals were a little hot. But better the vocals be too loud than too soft, I always say. Next Friday, I'll do it again for Maxmas Part 2 at the Frequency (different bands).

Yesterday (Sunday), I rehearsed some songs in the morning, then Deborah and I went out to brunch with her extended family (sister, son, nephew, and nephew's GF). After we got home, I rehearsed a little bit more before heading over to my old house for band practice with GUPPY EFFECT. We are training new drummer, Verge, on the songs and he is catching on fast. GUPPY EFFECT made a rare appearance at the Sunday night jam at Funks Pub and rocked socks off.

That's about it for my weekend. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment