12.28.2015

Snow Day

Today is the first substantial snow day we have had this winter here in Madison WI, due in part to El Nino keeping things on the mild side. Of course, it comes the day before I am due to close on the sale of my house. I was hoping to escape having to shovel the sidewalk there before the closing. In theory, I can still escape it, because this winter storm is expected to continue overnight and let up in the morning. The city gives you 24 hours from when the snow ENDS to shovel sidewalks, so I would technically be off the hook. But that would be a dick move to make the new owners snow shovel the very day they move in. So I'll probably drive over there in the morning, before the closing, and shovel a bit. I am not going to go overboard, but I'll do the bare minimum and throw a little salt down too.

No comments:

Post a Comment