1.29.2016

Feel the Sun Bern

By the time you read this, dear readers, I'll likely be on a plane to Detroit. I know that sounds thrilling, but don't be fooled. The "Rock City" is only a transient way station en route to warmer climes.

Deborah and I are escaping Wisconsin winter for a fortnight's hiatus down south, the first half of which is a Caribbean cruise.

Honestly, I'm a little terrified. I have never been on a cruise before and I never thought it would be "my thing." I am not a luxury liner kind of guy and the thought of being holed up at sea with a few thousand luxury liner types fills me with absolute dread.

Deborah says cruises are fun and awesome. I believe she believes they are...

That being said, I recently posted about the value of getting out of your comfort zone every once in a while. So, this is me doing that. I have to put my money where my mouth is (weird visual). I am going into it with an open mind. All the food is free on the boat, a major selling point. When I am driven to the brink of insanity, eating will be my solace. I know my fear of both the zika and noro viruses are irrational and overblown, but still real.


Then again...THIS. So, mission accomplished!


In any case, one of my goals for my Mastermind accountability group is to journal my daily travels on this trip, and I'll be doing so here, per usual, notwithstanding a predicted dearth of internet access (you may see nothing for days and then like 10 posts all at once).

So bon voyage or whatever, although I guess you are supposed to say that to me, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment