1.30.2016

Good Morning Tampa

We woke up in an economical but spacious, clean, and comfortable Ramada Inn motel room in Tampa FL this morning.

"Do you wanna go get breakfast?" I asked Deborah, after running the netty pot through both my nostrils.

"I have to get ready," she replied. "I brought cereal and bars I can eat."

"Alright. I am going to head down and see what the options are," I said. "If I don't come back, it means I ate."

Deborah takes a goodly amount of time to prep in the morning before she'll go out in public, but I am fully willing to explore the world looking and smelling like a hobo.

"If they have fruit, can you bring me back some?" She asked, as I grabbed the rectangular plastic keycard for the room and opened the door to leave. I told her I would.

So now I find myself eating solo in the motel dining room. The restaurant at the Ramada is southeast Asian themed. Deborah and I had ordered takeout Thai and Indian food, respectively, from here last night when we arrived just before they closed. My waiter this morning is a polite teenager with a thick Indian accent (my Asian omelette came with "veet" toast). The service is ridiculously slow and I am still waiting on the fruit plate "to go" for Deborah, but I am in no hurry. I have lost all hope for a coffee refill though. However, the omelette and veet toast hit the spot for fueling the day ahead, which mainly involves getting ourselves on board the Royal Caribbean cruise ship (aka floating city) that will serve as our home for the next few days.

Tomorrow, we'll "sail" into Key West and if all goes well, we'll take a kayak nature tour there. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment