4.07.2016

Positivity

I'm a generally positive person and that's by design. I can't tolerate much negativity or drama before it starts to drain me. So I have strived (striven?) to create a life of positivity, surrounding myself with other positive people and banishing negative nellies and drama kings to the social hinterlands.

Maybe some people think it is selfish of me to focus on my own well being and positivity, but that'd be false and not mutually exclusive with supporting other peoples' well being. One has to be in a happy positive place with one's self before one can make others feel happy and positive. If you have spent any amount of time with negative people, you know how it can suck all the positive energy out of you. But happy positive people can energize you.

Years ago, I visualized what a happy life looked like for me, and that vision has guided my choices and actions. It's a creative and iterative process. I frequently examine where I am and where I want to be and determine if I am going in the right direction. If not, I make changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment