6.09.2016

06-09-2016 - The Uberman

Today was an interesting Uber day. A passenger said I look like Vince Vaughn. I also came upon the aftermath of some kind of gang related shooting where a million cops (ok, slight exaggeration) were blocking the road and a SWAT officer with an M16 rifle told me I had to turn around, which I expediently did. My passenger at the time was understanding about the slight detour to the airport, his destination.

I found out later that some businesses were locked down during the manhunt for the shooters and all the assailants were caught. I am always amused that when minorities shoot each other, it's gang violence ("nothing to see here"), but when white people shoot up a place, it's domestic terrorism and everyone craps their pantaloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment