6.20.2016

Winner

Last night, I represented punk rock band EDDIE ATE DYNAMITE - for which I play rhythm guitar - at the Madison Area Music Association Awards. EDDIE was nominated for a couple of categories, and we received the award for UNIQUE SONG OF THE YEAR for the song "I Like Your Hat." The other nomination was for VIDEO OF THE YEAR for the same song, but someone else took home the award for that.

The songwriting credit for this catchy 12 second earbug goes entirely to band leader and songwriter Tim Budzisiewski (aka Eddie), who could not attend the ceremonies, so I went in his stead. It was a gala affair at the Overture Center Capitol Theater in Madison and very fun. I wore suitably extravagant attire. After the event, Deborah - my "date" - and I went across the street to Paul's Club to socialize with other local musicians, thus staying up way past our bedtime for a school night.

I had to get up at 6:30 AM this morning to take my car in for an oil change and a couple new tires. Once it's done later this morning, I'll probably head out for some Uber driving the rest of the day. Tomorrow is the all day music fest called MAKE MUSIC MADISON, at which my rock-n-roll band GUPPY EFFECT is playing about 5 shows over the course of the day. That should be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment