8.22.2016

Weekend Gupdate

My band GUPPY EFFECT played a show on Saturday evening and it may have been the last performance for a spell because we need to go on indefinite hiatus while our guitarist Stefan adapts to fatherhood. His wife Kat is expecting a baby Stefan or Stefanie in the next few weeks.

If you weren't able to see the show on Saturday, there are snippets floating around on the Internet, most notably on Ustream (search for Cactus Joe Productions there).

In the interim, I am working on a new project with Derek Reynolds and Cody Smalley called SKOOLNITE BENDER, which will play mostly 90s hard rock covers. And just tonight I discovered I may be auditioning for the bass player role in Kelsey Miles' band, FIGHTING FOR, although talks are still very preliminary and there is no guarantee I'll make the cut.*

On September 10, I will be guest rocking on bass with YOUR MOM, a cover band that is the brainchild of one of my musical contemporaries, Phil Dickert.

I am still not sure of the status of classy punk rock band EDDIE ATE DYNAMITE, but I am hopeful that will pick up again at some point.

*Disclaimer: My chances are probably pretty good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment