11.07.2016

Weekend Review 11-07-2016

The highlight of my weekend was rocking a fantastic show with the Kelsey Miles Band on Saturday night, my debut full performance with the group. I spent most of Saturday afternoon honing the songs we would play at the Hody Bar in Middleton WI that evening and the cramming paid off. The show went about as well as I could have hoped, with minimal biffage on my part. The audience was substantial and their response was very positive. We had people dancing to the music from the start of the very first song until the end of the show. Our magnum opus was the song "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5, which we played to kick off our second set. The Hody is just minutes from my house, so that meant I could practice right up to the last minute, notwithstanding a music store errand that band leader Kelsey had me run.

Other fun weekend accomplishments included playing a Cactus Joe solo acoustic show at the Bos Meadery on Friday evening, and a social bike ride on Sunday with Deborah, Sherry, and Tyler to go see SUNSPOT play an acoustic duo show at the Hop Garden Tap Room in Paoli WI (Note: We met at the Verona Park & Ride and biked from there...only 11 miles round trip, but quite a bit hillier than anticipated).

No comments:

Post a Comment