12.19.2016

SKOOLNITE BENDER's Final Show of 2016 and Whatnot

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Joe Leonard, ragbraijoe@gmail.com

December 19, 2016 (Madison, WI) - One of my bands, SKOOLNITE BENDER, played a solid hour long set of hard rocking cover songs at Funks Pub on Sunday night, our final performance of 2016. I thought it went very well, notwithstanding historically poor attendance at the Funks jam. This band uses live jams as a way to rehearse songs because we don't have conventional band practices, so while large attendance is a perk for promotional purposes, it is not essential to honing our awesomeness as a band, and faces were indeed melted off the few people who were there.

This was not, however, my final performance of 2016. On Friday December 23, I will play my last public show of the year with the KELSEY MILES BAND at the Vilas Zoo in Madison. It's some sort of Christmas special and we have to learn some gag worthy holiday tunes, but it is what it is. I'll be playing bass and doing a little backup singing. Outdoors!

After that show, I'll spend most of Christmas Eve day chillaxing with Deborah before she drives me to the airport in the evening for my trip to my sister's home in Colorado. Most of my family is gathering there to honor the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. No, I can't back that up. It's just a simple holiday get together.

At the Funks jam, one of the chefs, Matt, cooked up a batch of Sri Lankan curried chicken for those in attendance and it was superb. I asked him for the recipe and he is going to give it to me some time soon. I'd love to be able to make it for my family while I am out in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment