1.14.2017

Quite a Friday the 13th


Today was Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious but I slept poorly last night and had bizarre dreams, possibly due to reading "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (which I downloaded from the Giant Internet Brain, after seeing the J.K. Rowling film "Fantastic Creatures and Where to Find Them" in the theater recently, after realizing that I have never actually finished the HP book series, much less seen the films) before bed.

I worked a few lucrative hours in the afternoon and then Deborah and I went to the gym for a solid workout. I felt great afterwards, though after we got home and had dinner I started to get drowzy from the exertion and lack of sleep. I'm reclined in the leopard print ratan chair in my music room right now, head supported by a travel neck pillow, feeling comfy and writing a bit as I wind down for bed.


In the morning I have a free writing (as in no charge) workshop that I signed up for at the public library. It's on creative memoir writing. So if the workshop is worth its salt, my readers should see some of what I learn incorporated here soon. I don't have the highest of hopes, but you never know. Beyond that, I'll probably just work a few hours Saturday and Sunday, practice piano, hit the gym again, work on Duolingo Spanish, do a bit of writing, and generally take 'er easy (the modus operandi of ordained Dudeists, which I am).

Happy Friday the 13th.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment