1.05.2017

The Vexation

I was out the door by 9:15 AM this morning. I planned to work until about 3 PM and then find a coffee shoppe and pound out some words. An afternoon client kept me later than planned, but I managed to roll into the Barriques on S. Park Street about 4 PM and wrote until about 6 on my sci fi book. Some of that writing time involved research on the history of Mars exploration. I also got sidetracked briefly by a new study about the beneficial effects of the Mediterranean diet on brain shrinkage in elderly Scottish people. I didn't have any evening clients, so I headed home to Deborah after the rush hour angst had largely died down. I made a small batch of chili for dinner and we watched a few episodes of Game of Thrones, Season 6.

The forecast for tomorrow involves some marathon jazz piano practice in the morning and an effort to get to the gym before noon, that way I can take a few clients in afternoon before writing for a while in the evening. Madison is pretty quiet right now, with all the college students gone for winter break.

Quiet is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment