3.08.2017

Adventures in Tejas

Every year in mid-March, one of my favorite local bands, SUNSPOT, takes a road trip down to Austin TX to perform at the South by Southwest (SXSW) music festival. Sometimes they take a small entourage of friends with them to serve as support crew and I've always been intrigued by the idea of volunteering to be part of this. But until this year, I have always had a conflict during that time frame, usually a music gig of my own, that precluded me from going.

This year, SUNSPOT invited me to join the road crew and my calendar was clear of any conflicts (because I had the foresight to black out those dates from other obligations). So I'm going! And I am super geeked to finally be able to check that off my bucket list and support one of the nicest and most rocking bands I know whilst experiencing the infamous Texas music fest.

Over the years, SUNSPOT has tickled my eardrums with their clever, bouncy hard rock many times, so I am looking forward to giving back some joy to them as part of their 2017 SXSW tour. In addition to slinging music gear and selling merch and designated driving as needed, I'll also be a bit of an amateur biographer for the tour, traveloguing what adventures transpire on the week-long trip. And you can follow along with it here on my blog March 14-21 if you want to. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment