3.17.2010

10 Minutes - David Sedaris

Hi. It's Joe.

Why am I writing my 10 minutes at 1 AM?

Because I can. THE MAN can't do a GD thing about it either.

When I sleep in until 8:30 AM tomorrow morning, THE MAN will have already been hating his cube drone life for a good two hours, including a painfully slow commute in horrific traffic following a breakfast of 3 bran muffins and a half a pot of coffee.

I will be happy and rested, and looking forward to an afternoon of rock-n-roll music, following my two hour morning workout.

What are you gonna do about it, THE MAN. Gosh, he loves to hate me.

I am going to see David Sedaris in Madison on April 13. I do believe his book, NAKED, is the funniest book I ever read. I read it on the train to work when I lived in Chicago and on more than one occasion I burst out laughing so abruptly that I just about shot coffee out of my nose.

I don't know if he will be that funny in person, but I definitely support his efforts to bring laughter (the best medicine) to all of humanity, and this is a way I can do that.

Well, I have a minute left. What do you want me to talk about? I am going to be on FM radio this Thursday, followed by a solo show in Whitewater WI. Friday and Saturday, GUPPY EFFECT (unplugged) will perform two sold out shows. Friday it is at Tuvalu in Verona WI. Saturday it is at the aptly named Rock Island Cafe in Neenah WI.

They aren't really sold out. I just like the way that sounds. And this is a free write dammit. Anything goes.

Time.

1 comment:

  1. I posted some mp3's and videos of David Sedaris a while ago (probably almost 2 years ago)... all the links are most likely dead by now.

    The videos were the funniest - his style and awkwardness deliver just as much to the humor as his actual story. It should be a good show.

    One suggestion for the "10 minutes"s - it's hard to differentiate them by title in your sidebar or in an RSS reader. Maybe add the date to the end? Possibly even a topic if that particular 10 Minutes has one that stands out.

    Or leave it the same. Just an idea. One of those little things that doesn't really matter either way. :)

    ReplyDelete