4.19.2010

10 Minutes - My 5-Year Old Nephew's Got Game (Future Pickup Artist?)

Hi. It's Joe.

I haven't seen it in action yet, but my sister and her friends tell me that my 5-year old nephew Ty has game.

He does this thing where if he sees a pretty girl, no matter how young or old, he will wait for them to draw near then "faint."

When they ask him what's the matter, he gets a gleam in his eye and says something to the effect of, "Sometimes I faint when I see a girl as pretty as you are."

Man, I can't wait to see this in action before I have to leave on Wednesday. He's a juvenile pickup artist.

Today, my sister had to teach a class. She said she would be done by 2 PM, but it was more like 3:30 PM when she actually did get done. She puts a lot of effort and time into her teaching of art, and that's a good thing. I had plenty to do, mostly looking at mountains and breathing mountain air. I could do that all day, and she has a great view of the front range from both her house and the college.

She did take a break at lunch and we went over to the student cafeteria at Colorado College where she works. The college has this incentive program to get faculty members to mingle with students. Whoever got this idea past administration was a genius.

Basically, faculty get a $50 meal card good for 15 all-you-can-eat visits to the student cafeteria. That's $3.33 for all you can eat food - the students pay $7.50/meal. And it's good food. They have chefs on staff to concoct and serve up vegan entrees and other meaty things, a full salad bar, breakfast foods, ice cream, the usual fast food junk (although only idiots would eat this stuff with everything else that's available).

I'm on vacation, so I have more opportunities for 10 minute free writes. Remember, it's a minimum of 10 minutes of free writing per day. It doesn't roll over, so I still have to write tomorrow even though I did at least two free writes today.

But getting money to do the one thing I love and could do all day is a no brainer.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment