4.06.2010

10 More Minutes - For Pete's Sake Don't Drink Coffee at Night

Hi. It's Joe.

It's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep.

It's because I was cheap and when I went to Come Back Inn open mic night tonight I decided to drink coffee instead of, well, just about anything else.

I am wired for speed! And that sucks because I have to get up at 8:30 AM for a meeting tomorrow morning. I am going to be doing some freelance writing for a client and she is going to give me an overview of the project at her office in Fort Atkinson, WI.

I'll bet she is sound asleep right now.

It's ironic. The whole reason I started this blog in the first place was because of coffee. Specialty coffees are a niche market - like, for example, Espresso Coffee Beans (different than regular beans...). A lot of people (myself included) are coffee snobs. We like a good cup o' joe. A lot of people do, which is why a lot of people buy coffee beans, especially online.

Flavored decaf coffee is another one. I guess if you are going to drink decaf, it may as well taste good. I should have drank decaf (or nothing) tonight. Organic fair trade coffee is in demand because it kills, maims and makes life miserable for fewer people in the world.

So why did I drink mediocre, albeit strong, bar coffee tonight? It tasted just like the stuff you would get at any greasy spoon diner. I drank three cups. I'm an idiot.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment