5.05.2010

10 Minutes - Naturopathic Remedies for Colds/Flu: Ancient Chinese Secret?

Hi. It's Joe.

I caught a bitch of a cold over the weekend. It took my lungs by storm and was so bad that I had to go get some prescription meds by way of Urgent Care (the doc was a mega babe!).

She gave me an albuterol inhaler to clear my airways. I felt like my lungs were filled with cotton balls. Effort to breath, horrible coughing spasms.

Anyway, I loaded up on all the meds and drank lots of fluids, same as usual. Right before bed I decided to try a naturopathic remedy that I was told about back when I worked at the VITAMIN COMPANY.

The naturopathic doctor said that if you put on wet tubes socks and dry wool socks over them, the cold and flu toxins will get drawn out through your feet during the night. The first time I tried this I was really surprised. In the morning, the tubes socks were completely dry and my feet were cozy warm. My assumption was that I would have a miserable night with cold wet feet.

So I figured it couldn't hurt to try this remedy again last night. Once again, I woke up with warm DRY feet and felt about 90% better (no cough, less congestion, fewer aches and pains). I can't say if it was the naturopathic remedy or the meds. Maybe it was just placebo effect. And I'm fine with that. But I have to say that it seemed to work, even if science can't really explain why. Maybe holistic doctors and naturopaths are right about some naturopathic remedies, even if scientists can't "prove" it.

Tonight is $6 all you can eat wings at Fat Boyz in Fort Atkinson WI, along with open mic night. Stefan and I are going to attend and I'm told Ashley and Matt from the radio station are planning on making it. It could be a party.

There's not too much else, except that my adwords campaign for free business cards is still making decent money, even more so since I tweaked a few things.

Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment