6.06.2013

FYI, I Have Some Gigs Coming Up

I have some gigs coming up. There’s no obligation for you to attend, but I think you might really enjoy them, so I wanted to let you know about them.

First of all, I am now the house bass player with 5 Points Jazz Collective and will be performing at Mason Lounge Jazz Night in Madison every Tuesday going forward. It is from 9 PM to midnight and a very chill and relaxed environment, with tons of great microbrews on tap. I not so much amazed by how many people attend this great event, because a lot do, but by how many people DON’T, because it is the best time on the face of the earth on Tuesday nights, hands down. If you find something more fun to do on a Tuesday night, we want you to go do that. But since I know you will not find anything funner, I fully expect to see you at Jazz Night, at least for a little while.

This Saturday, June 8th, my band HIATVS, featuring two different drummers, will be performing at an outdoor party in Mt. Horeb WI, complete with a 5’-wide slip-n-slide. Slip-n-slide + rock-n-roll = a lot of ‘n’ going on. This is a private party, but we are allowed to bring some friends. So if you want to be an exclusive VIP groupie of the band, let me know.

On Saturday, June 15th, GUPPY EFFECT v1.0 is re-uniting to perform RockFest in Delevan WI, a show we get together for every year, even though we are no longer a band, officially on paper. SUNSPOT is also playing. It is at the Phoenix Park Bandshell in Delevan, which foolishly bans open alcoholic beverages. So mix up those rums and cokes at home and put them in a Nalgene or bicycle water bottle. HAHAHA. Breakin’ the law! Of course, HIATVS cannot officially endorse such bad behavior. So naturally, we do not. DON’T DO WHAT I JUST SAID.

HIATVS might host a rock-n-roll house concert at HIATVS HQ in Cross Plains WI on Saturday June 29th. It’s probably 75% likely and I will for sure update you when it is confirmed, so stay tuned.

On Wednesday, July 3rd, GUPPY EFFECT v1.0 is performing at a farm party in Delevan WI. We did this last year and it was fun. This is also one of those semi-private parties where we can invite immediate friends as VIPS.

That’s all I know of with any confidence at this time. I was tentatively invited to play bass with a country cover band at Summerfest on July 4th, but it’s very sketch right now. I have not heard from the chaps about the set list or rehearsals. I would love to do it though.

My buddy Tim is doing a cool punk rock side project I want to play bass for, but he is still working out the details and it’s very early in the developmental stages.

Are we good?

Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment