7.12.2013

I Took the Whole Day Off From Work

That's right. I did.

I am glad I did. I need to get some jazz piano practice in and then I am cruising up to Oshkosh.

What use is having a bunch of vacation time if you don't use it to enjoy great weather and optimal driving conditions.

I will be on the road to Oshkosh around 1 PM today. I am going to Barn Bash with my friends Todd and Sherry. It's going to be fun.

I am going to bring my acoustic guitar. I don't know if they have music at Barn Bash, but I will perform if people want me to. It never hurts to have an acoustic guitar on hand.

One of my coworkers took the day off from work, and she was an inspiration to me. You only live once, and when you die, you aren't going to say, "I wish I had spent more time at work." You are probably going to say, "I wish I had spent more time doing fun and fulfilling things."

I am not saying my job is not fulfilling. It's not. But I am not saying that. That's irrelevant.

Work to live, not vice versa.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment