3.09.2014

Fatigue of the Awesome

There are two kinds of fatigue. Awesome and non-awesome.

Right now I have the former, awesome fatigue. This is the kind of fatigue that results from doing something awesome.

This morning I got up at 4 AM to take a friend to the airport for an early flight. Because of daylight saving time (Note: It is not "savings." You can't store up daylight and redeem it at a later time, though I wish you could...), it was actually 3 AM as far as my diurnal rhythm was concerned.

I had planned to go back to sleep after my good deed for the day, but I made the mistake of pounding a cup of coffee before my nocturnal foray of altruistic chauffeurism. Thus, I am trying to release some of my mental energy via blog post. I don't mind this kind of fatigue when it results from making someone else's life better or easier or funner.

I will probably need a power nap today. But if I don't get one, I am OK with that.

Tonight is the weekly Funk's Pub Open Jam, and I am going to try something bold. I set up a uStream channel called CACTUS JOE PRODUCTIONS with the intent to record and/or live broadcast music performances of my band and the open jam each week. This first one is a trial run because I need to iron out the issues and bugs. The sound quality should be pretty decent, but the video quality might suck and lag behind the sound a bit. You can't have it all. At least you will have some...

If you want to tune in and leave comments and be a part of helping improve these weekly broadcasts over time, here is the web link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cactus-joe-productions.

It's going to be from 8 to 10 PM Central Standard Time. I think you can freely view the video without logging in or anything. But if you do have to login, you can do it with one click via your Facebook account. I also think the video will be saved for later viewing for up to one month or some @#$%.

I am going to embed the player in this post (another cool feature of uStream), so you may very well be able to watch the thing right here on my blog. Like I said, this is a test. This is only a test.


Live streaming video by Ustream

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment