10.03.2014

Fridays Are Sometimes Hard

Getting through the work day on a Friday right before an action packed weekend of non-stop fun can be difficult.

I’ll be heading up to Oshkosh WI early tomorrow (Saturday 10/4) morning, ahead of the two-day Oshkosh Horror Film Fest (OHFF), which I attend every year. I think this is the fifth year, but it might be the fourth.

It’s a marathon of short and feature length horror films that starts around midday on Saturday and ends around supper time on Sunday (if you can eat supper after being subjected to an onslaught of cinematic limb removal, brain eating, serial murder, and disemboweling).

Before the road trip up to the fest though, I’ll be attending a neighbor’s garden party tonight, at which my band GUPPY EFFECT will put on a semi-acoustic rock-n-roll performance, the first such performance in this lineup of the band.

This is one of those rare occasions when bad weather benefits the band. It’s cold and rainy today, and it does not look like there will be much improvement heading into the evening. The garden party was, as the name suggests, to be held in my neighbor’s back yard. She just put in a fire pit and if they can get a decent fire going, I am sure people will be able to tolerate the out of doors for a little while, if it is not too rainy.

But the band will be performing in her basement, where it will be warmer and far less moist. So when the party goers need a respite from the elements, they can come stand near the burning fire of GUPPY EFFECT’s rock-n-roll and get their cockles warmed. I don’t know if you’ve ever had your cockles warmed…but it’s breathtaking, I can assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment