11.17.2014

Dear Obamacare...YOU'RE FIRED!

I am disenfranchising Obamacare in 2015, getting my health insurance provided by my employer instead, at about 1/4th the cost.

I was on Obamacare in 2014. My plan was unaffordable at $342/month for basic medical services, and no dental or vision.

In 2015, the premium on my current Obamacare plan will jump 12% to $389/month if I stay on the same plan and do nothing.

Ridiculous.

Where are the cost savings Obamacare was supposed to bring about?

The answer to that question is: I do not give a sh!t, because I am firing Obamacare, just as soon as their weak sauce web site becomes operable again (just like in early 2014, their portal has completely crashed under the weight of web traffic trying to access the site).

My employer offers a group health plan for about $52/month and adding in vision and dental, it will be about $88/month in 2015.

Now THAT’s affordable healthcare.

The cheapest plan I could find on the Obamacare exchange that met my needs was $288/month and included only medical and basic dental. No vision. So weak.

Anyway, Obamacare is on notice. They are disenfranchised from my life in 2015, and I am very happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment