11.22.2014

Dysfunction at the Airport

When I went to pee one last time before boarding my Madison to Chicago flight, some guy in a stall was talking to, I assume, his significant other on the phone.

"Sorry I set you off this morning," he said apologetically. Then repeated this when the significant other apparently did not comprehend.

I won't bore you with the details but what started as a conciliatory apologetic phone call soon deteriorated into a full blown argument that would make Harville Hendricks cringe.

Severe childhood traumas getting resolved there.

Never mind that a public restroom is a poor venue for marital sparring, but perhaps he did not realize anyone else was in there. I zipped up and exited as fast as I could, but not with a considerable splattering of angst on my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment