11.23.2014

Preamble: Bright Lights, Fame, and Fortune

Whenever I board a flight to LA, which is not as often as I'd like, I always scan everyone in First Class, to see if anyone famous in the film or music business is on board. I figure the probabilty has got to be a lot higher on a Chicago to LA flight, since Chicago is kind of a pop music hub as well.

Sadly, I did not see anyone who was immediately recognizable. Some people don't always look the same in real life as they do on screen or on stage, so it is still possible someone eluded me. A cast member from the show LOST would have been nice, since that show is a sub theme of the first leg of my journey to Australia. But that would be asking a lot.

To my biased eye, the rest of the plane seemed to comprise quite a few people who looked like they were in some phase of achiving fame and fortune. LA people have a ceetain look and I would like to believe I can recognize that look, but I really have no credentials to back that up. But with this many people on an A320 aircraft, there must be a handful of wannabes.

There are definitely a few presumptuous people on this plane. Were I a superstitious man, that would worry me, because God does not like presumptuous people.

No comments:

Post a Comment