12.07.2014

Nature

Everyone, by law, should have to vacation on an Indo-Pacific coral reef island for a fortnight to gain an appreciation for Nature and Man's influence on it. I have only vacationed on one for three days and I am humbled by the awesomeness of Nature and want to be a good Earthly citizen doing everything in my power to protect Nature going forward.

And by law, I mean that this should be an all expense paid vacation underwritten by peoples' country of origin, if that country of origin truly cares about the environment (most don't).

I haven't crunched the numbers, but I will bet the United States of America could underwrite the ANNUAL vacations of every American citizen just by ending subsidies to the oil companies. And I am not even proposing annual vacations, but just one vacation per lifetime of each American adult.

Optimally, this would happen when people were between the ages of 18 - 25, when they are unburdened by families and children. But even if people should have families and children at such a young age, there would be family packages, with lots of cool outdoorsy fun activities for the kids, like:

Marine "touch tanks," where you get up close and personal with marine life.
Scuba classes.
Bird watching.
Nature walks.
Swimming with sea turtles.

I could think of many more, and in my proposed model, participants could submit ideas for fun activities, to be voted on by a committee whose membership is turned over frequently to prevent stagnation.

Now, I must leave this fantasy world and go to breakfast on the final morning of my three day stay on the tropical coral reef island of Heron Island. Notwithstanding the monopolistic charlatans who run this place, it was a fantastic educational and beautiful experience.

I propose me for President of the USA. I was born American in Australia, where the greatest coral reefs in the world are located and have dual citizenship with Australia so I should be able to easily negotiate policy between the two countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment