3.14.2015

Oshkosh Road Gig

I got up about 9 AM today when my dog Buddy decided it was time for him to eat and go out, so he came to the side of my bed and whined a bit.

I had hoped to sleep in until 9:30 due to the fact that I stayed up pretty late last night recording a mini house concert. But I slept soundly thanks to the two herbal sleep aid pills I took before bed, so it was fine.

After I fed both dogs and let them out, I cooked myself a bison egg fritter. While that was on the stove, I shaved and showered in preparation for tonight's EDDIE ATE DYNAMITE show at the Reptile Palace in Oshkosh WI.

I dressed and gobbled down the fritter before heading over to the HyVee Cafe near my house where I met Sherry for brunch. Since I had already eaten, I just had coffee and a small bagel sandwich.

Sherry told me a horror story about a recent online dating experience and we chewed the fat for a spell. Then I had to get home to meet Eddie (aka Time) at my house for our carpool up to Oshkosh.

The road trip was uneventful and we arrived at my buddy Todd's about 2 PM. We deposited our overnight stuff at Todd's, then Tim and I headed over to the Oshkosh Public Museum (in suits) to meet the band entourage for a Lego exhibit. This was followed by dinner at Fratello's Italian Brewhaus.

We returned to Todd's and chilled out before the show. Todd, Dan, and Matt the bass player went to a nearby grocery store and scored a 30 cube of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer and some of us had one before we headed to the Reptile Palace in as few cars as possible.

The show was entertaining and well received. We actually made a decent amount of money for playing at such a small venue with no cover charge.

After the show, we hit Cranky Pat's in Oshkosh for a late night pizza buffet before retiring to Todd's to sleep.

In the morning, Todd and I made a steak and egg scramble. Todd had just bought a whole bunch of new bowls and plates, so he gave me his old ones. Nice score on my part because I need new plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment